WP-CLI Dotenv Command
Interact with a .env file from the command line.
This command is dedicated to handling various tasks of managing an environment file for your WordPress install.
By default WordPress does not use a dedicated environment file for environment-specific configuration and sensitive information.
Relevant WordPress-based projects: Bedrock, Suzie, WordPlate
dotenv command is especially useful for use within other scripts.
- Generate a easy to read cli table of all defined keys and values in the file.
- Add or update a value for a given key/variable in the file.
- Get/print the value for a given key in the file.
- Generate or regenerate keys and values for WordPress authentication salts in the file.
- Remove one or more defined variables in the file.
Create a new environment file, optionally using another file as template
- Interactive prompting for setting values also possible.
- Generate salts for the new file at the same time.
Check it out on GitHub